Our Property Management Department Structure
We have a high ratio of personnel to properties under management. This is a strategic decision to ensure we can provide a high level of customer service to both landlords and tenants. Currently we have a team of eighteen providing leasing and management services for a total portfolio of 1600 + properties in Point Cook /Sanctuary Lakes and adjoining areas of Wyndham.
Team members and responsibilities are –
Business Development Manager – Liaises with landlords through the initial leasing phase and provides updates to the landlord on the progress of sourcing a tenant. Also makes recommendations on improving the “rentability” of a property as well as strategies to achieve the best price possible.
Leasing Manager and Three Assistants – solely dedicated to finding our landlords the ‘right’ tenant. The Leasing Team provides a six day a week service from 9.00 am – 6.00 pm and beyond if required, Saturday 9.00 am -4.00 pm showing prospective tenants through available rental properties. We can handle spontaneous inspections as our high profile locations generate ‘walk in’ enquiries every day. No other agent competing in the Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes market offers this level of service. What this has achieved is more people inspecting properties so that the days-on-market are significantly reduced and properties are leased more quickly.
The Leasing Team is also responsible for processing applications – checking references and verifying employment/rental history plus completing the in-going Condition Report. These are time consuming tasks and it is important they are performed thoroughly and diligently.
Team Leader – Senior Property Manager – whose role is to oversee the Property Management department and provide support to the Property Managers. This important role ensures that our process’ are efficient, thereby delivering consistently highly levels of service to clients and customers.
Two Portfolio Managers + Assistant – Sanctuary Lakes – only responsible for rental properties located within Sanctuary Lakes and Saltwater Coast. Being ‘on the spot’ on a daily basis enables greater awareness of the properties within the portfolio and ensures prompt action. Also keeps up-to-date with the ever-changing Club-links requirements.
Five Portfolio Manager + two Assistants – servicing rental properties in geographically contained areas in Point Cook and Wyndham. Each Manager monitors their portfolio on a daily basis and is the contact for both Landlord and tenant throughout the tenancy period.
Rental Reception –assists with all “walk-in” and phone enquiries and queries and acts as a buffer between the front desk and the rest of the Department which enables team members to focus on day-to-day management and provide a high level of service to landlords and tenants
Our promotion of properties available for lease in Point Cook and surrounding areas incorporates all of the following:
Daily email/SMS alerts of rental property inspection times to our database of registrants who are actively looking for a rental property
Rental lists available from two high profile office locations
Interactive Touch Screens and LCD screens providing displays at both office locations
On the Internet we provide a summary of the property and include quality internal and external photographs. We currently use the following internet sites to market our properties:
For an additional charge a large For Lease board can be erected at the property.
12 Ways We Will Maximise Your Investment
Consider these benefits of having your property managed by Point Cook Real Estate:
- Two offices in prominent locations in busy shopping centres generates a high level of pedestrian traffic – practically every person in the Point Cook area passes our office at some stage during the week.
- Most of our staff members are local residents, active members of our community and have a genuine interest in the local area.
- Our Property Management Team members are property owners and/or owners of investment properties. They understand tenancy matters from an owner’s perspective and have a genuine care factor.
- We’re about building your wealth through direct, personalised management of your investment with a focus on maximising rental income through regular rent reviews.
- Six days a week service plus after-hours access to provide a comprehensive property management service.
- Personal and accountable service is our strength. We guarantee to provide you with weekly feedback when your property is vacant to ensure that you are kept well informed of inspections, applications and “market trends”.
- Comprehensive tenancy application procedures including individual investigative reference checks of past rental history and employment verification.
- Direct access to contractors and tradespeople at short notice and for reasonable rates due to the volume of work provided.
- A Zero Tolerance rent arrears policy and immediate action in line with legislative requirements on rental arrears to minimize potential loss of rent.
- Our own individual and customised condition reports, which provide an accurate written report, as well as colour photographs which are incorporated into the report.
- Routine inspections conducted regularly in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act and detailed reports forwarded immediately.